Sunday, March 30, 2008

What Sorrounds Me!

Lessons on Blogging...
On Saturday afternoon [
29th March 2008] whilst flipping through literature on socio - economic development in Uganda, like I always do, I ran over to check out posts of my favorite bloggers, wonderful people that I refer to as my blog fathers [Shaun Groves, Randy Elrod, Tom Emmons and Brian Seay]... On Shaun Groves' post he mentions of critical aspects of blogging that many of us miss out when compiling up our posts... Learn more on blogging discipline

Ugandan News headlines...
As though this Saturday was reading day not relaxing day [as it is normally!], my search for what to read led me to Uganda's daily newspaper articles. From page to page, stories flashed out on how through the Millennium Development Goals strategy some districts in Uganda would soon be blessed with well established water supplies in addition to having the district's community sanitation and hygiene improved rigorously... I was impressed truly! My heart sank as I turned to the following pages, instead more grieving stories than promising stories flashed. I had to close the paper and that marked the end of my search for what to read. Memories and pictures of what I see on the streets and in the communities that visit in different parts of Uganda came one after another.

What surrounds me...
In the northern part of Uganda, a child advocacy organization is persuading a rebel group to release children who are under captivity, these children are used as soldiers in the rebel army; a few weeks back a leader from one of the Afro - Arab countries visited the country and made statements that most Christians weren't appeased about, he was quoted saying "The bible is a forgery and fake in all". Uganda currently is in a rainy season and the roads flood during this season [we don't have winter or summer or spring or autumn] . We only experience the rainy season [an equivalent of winter and spring - March - June & September - November] and dry season [an equivalent of summer and autumn - July - September & December - February].

Trading My Sorrows...
So many events and issues surround me, some hurt and hit me up really bad from the inside but am grateful for church. As though the church ministers know what is goes on in my life, they speak forth joy and peace in your life. In the praise and worship session, one song swept away the pain and sorrow that is brought by what actually surrounds me... I will continue trading the pain for God's peace. Enjoy these lyrics....

I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

Chorus:
And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen

I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning

No comments: