Saturday, March 29, 2008

Unlimited Wants!

Ecclessiates 6:9... New International Version
Better what the eye sees than the roving of the appetite. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Before I got my first laptop which actually broke down a month or two down I "craved and desired" owning one. From several monthly and weekly savings which came at a sacrifice of going without lunch or dinner, I was in possession of an Acer laptop. I thought the laptop would grant me alittle satsification in some area of my life. Like you guessed, having a laptop didnt calm down the "hyper laptop desire" at anypoint.though I wont deny the fact that it has helped me accomplish a number of assignment including my personal bible studies.

Economicists including the greatest and wisest man ever told on the earth Solomon say man has unlimited wants. His wants are like a river flowing on a downhill, they come one after the other... Many of us are in a battle with this "small parasite". Maybe like I have, you have also asked yourself, How then can we tame this unending desire for more?

Phillipians 4:10 - 12... Luke 3:13-15
Paul in his last chapters to the church in Phillip tells of his personal experience in relation to this parasite, he explains the cure and generously shares with the brethen boldly; He says that he has learnt to be content in all. Whether hungry or full, whether with or without, whether in suffering or in Joy, Paul insists that he was content. Jesus likewise in Luke 3:13 - 15 tells the soldiers who then are Tax collectors to be content...

Challenge...
Are you content with what you got or are you on the outlook for more like sometimes am? Am not saying we shouldnt look out to develop ourselves or expand in possession, if anything I highly recommend us to do so. My or our concern is letting the desire and craving ruling over you... Paul in his letter mentions to Timothy that the love [the desire/craving] of money, is the root of all evil... 1 Timothy 6:10

Somebody out there should tell us what it means to be content, or briefly explain to us what the English word Content means...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Content means trusting our Sovereign God in whatever place He has put you in in this temporary life He has given to us!
Love your blog--really is thought provoking !
k