Monday, February 25, 2008

Handling Worries and Anxiety!

What happened at Church Yesterday
Am glad I went to church yesterday, it all started with an awesome session of praise and worship where angelic voices of my churchmates from one side of the church to the other echoed in our rectangular shaped church. After a 2 minute silent break, we interceeded and prayed for our country's and individual needs; my church being an modernised anglican, we couldnt miss out the first [old testament] and Second [new testament] readings.

First Reading: Jeremiah 17:5-14
Second Reading: 1 Peter 5:1-11

The Sermon: Handling Worries and Anxiety
I will tell it as it was taught me. What is Worry, Worrying, Worries? Worries or Worrying is living in doubt of God's word and His promises, Worry is faithlessness and hopelessness. As you manage worry, you need to understand that you are dealing with doubt, faithlessness and hopelessness, that should be your starting point.

I thank my people for handling the worries of many children scattered around this world.

Food for Thought

Mathew 6:25-33, "We are beseeched over and over again not to worry about anything in this world, its all taken care of... "

Phil 4:7, "We are commended not be anxious for anything...."

No comments: