Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Christianity in Uganda!

Childhood Traits!
I grew up in a family where I was told to always show up at Church on Sunday or else something really bad happens to me.To always pray before eating or else.... To always pray before sleeping or else I get the worst nightmare overnight. I actually thought that was christianity. I didnt know there was a better way of learning about Christianity...


Adulthood Traits!
Many of us are scared to christianity, do you still remember that sermon that led to the confession of your sins. I know of a friend who was scared to Jesus, they were reminded of the burning sulphur that waits them in hell and just in case they didnt confess Christ that night they would definitely run in a truck as they walked out of church to their home. In a blick of an eye they would be at this "flames of hell" destination.


How about you try out this!
I want to you introduce you to a simplified way of knowing about God and Christianity. Alpha course is a basic course on christian faith, commonly advertised as "an opportunity to explore the meaning of life". The course is currently offered in 152 countries by many different denominations including Anglican, Roman Catholics, Baptist, Pentecostal churches among others.

You can find it near you, Alpha Course... I have confidence to say that so many of your questions will be answered during these interesting and interactive sessions of the course... You should try it out.


Food for Thought
Proverbs 19:2
It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way.

1 comment:

Aliciaq said...

Great topic!

I know as a child, I grew up not eating meat on Friday's. I was convinced that if I did, I would go to hell and it really scared me. It took me many years to finally understand what God offered and wanted and for me to accept Christ.

I think people sometimes make Christianity harder than it need to be. Too much legalism.

Simplify people! It's all abut Jesus Christ and you - your relationship.

Alicia