Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Preoccupied to Blogg!!!

Last Week...
One after the other, tasks and asssignments to accomplish have been coming in, all for my attention! That pretty much explains why I have been kept away from posting articles for awhile. Among so many achievements, with a team of 6 youth who are doing a great job in Ukraine as compassion advocates we travelled to Western Uganda.
Towards the end of the week, while I was thinking of compiling up a post behold a call to help out set up an outing for the youth at my church came in. Glory to God, all went well at this retreat/outing, youth shared several testimonies on how they have been impacted by the discipleship course (Alpha Course) we have been doing for a couple of weeks.
Past week's Highlight...
My highlight in the time I have been away from blogging was my interaction with one of the children that I visited in one of the Compassion Projects in Uganda. I will share with you my experience with this young man.
Anthony is about 6 years and currently lives with his mother who was divorced from his then husband after a series of domestic abuse. It was in these series of beatings that Anthony was bruised while he was still in the womb. Currently Anthony has a chronic chest and abdominal pain. As a single parent, Anthony's mother struggles to feed her children, maintain and pay up for the house bills comes with lots of hardwork and sometimes the raised funds are never sufficient. Anthony was registered with Compassion and now shares a strong relationship with his sponsor. The climax of the happiness and his relationship is the Support that Anthony receives through Compassion from the Sponsor. Anthony's mother doesnt have to struggle raising Anthony's school fees for his Education and Compassion is taking up the responsibility of ensuring that Anthony's health is well once again.
Making a difference in a child's life takes you and me, we appreciate organisations like Compassion International that are doing all they can to minister and rejuvenate the lost hope among so many children. Join in today in the Compasssion Wave as we help out as many children as we can.

No comments: