Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Intoxicating Adverts!

My Observations...
On my way home a couple of days ago out of curiosity combined with so much eagerness, my eyes kept glancing at the various billboards around the city as the taxi we were seated in found it's way to my home. There was this one advert that made wonder what a person actually perceive and consequently do when they read it!!!

The advert from a local brewery company stands out to the public, call it advising or the equivalent imploring many to do this one thing I would refer to as abominable.

Advert goes... Dont forget someone for the Road as you leave that Bar...Given a chance, I would edit this statement and we would have for a change... Before you leave the home dont forget a Proverb or a Psalm for the day... We dont have as many adverts on billboards asking whoever would read them to either reach out to a child soaked in poverty or even find a church and learn more about God... In my opinion, this is fertile ground in regard to mass media evangelism... How about Billboards with John 3:16... Or John 10:10??!!

No comments: