Thursday, March 20, 2008

Calling for Interpreters!

Day's Reflections!
Last night before starting off my journey to sleepland, I reflected on my day - something that I usually do and would recommend to all... In my reflection I did realise the need to study the book of Ecclesiastes for a number of reasons probably not justifiable but known to me... Instantly I reached out to my bible and flipped open to study the first chapter... While studying Solomon's writings on wisdom with eyes fighting to close, I came across a verse that triggered me to think so muchand in as much as I was thinking all my thoughts yielded to "Vanity"... I need your help to help me interrupt this!

Ecclesiastes 1:18
How would you interprete this verse...

New Kings James Version... For in much wisdom is much grief, and he who increase knowledge increases sorrow...
New International Version... For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief...

If you can please write a blog about the interpretation of this verse I would grateful... You can thenlink your post to this post by entering your name and URL below... Note only enter the post url not your blog page or home page... Thank you so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis! I am writing you from Texas in the USA. I have been reading your blog since some of the other bloggers I read made a trip to Africa. I found your blog thru their links. I enjoy reading your blog very much. Your sincerity in trying to do what God wants is a great inspiration to me. I just read your blog about the scripture that speaks of wisdom causing sorrow or grief. Over here we have an expression that "ignorance is bliss". I would love to be ignorant of so many things I have become wiser about as I have become older. Many of these things have brought me sorrow and grief. I can understand how growing wiser can have its benefits, but I can also see where it has it's sorrows. As a Christian, it has been worldly wisdom that has been sorrowful, but as I grow spiritually and become wiser, I realize how I fall so short of where God would have me be, that also makes be sorrowful. These are just my thoughts. Please keep blogging so I may go along with you as you continue your journey. in HIM, Debbie