Saturday, May 24, 2008

Creative Bible Study Approaches

Personal Resolution...
Until mid this month, my resolution in the area of digging into the wonderful mysteries of the word of God was learning from Literature written on specific topics say Faith. My personal perspective of approaching bible learning through Books is it gives you more insights on particular themes and this bible study educative and interesting.

Aramaic, Hebrew & Greek...
In my youth years, honestly I would find some books of the bible like parts of the Chronicles boring, it would be a struggle completing them. Well, I love my the word of God and I couldnt just let the most important part of my world become boring, I improvised and devised ways of making bible learning enjoyable.

It started with buying different versions of the bible then I made sure everywhere I went I had a bible on my laptop, on my Ipod and on my phone. That way I have somewhat a place to run to incase I need to make any references. I have thought of reading books of the law only for a month, prophetic books... I have came up with all bible study approaches to make the walk and the run with the King of Kings memorable. So whats yours?



4 comments:

David "Bucker" Becker said...

Check out our newest Becker Bible Study, using a Template together to focus our efforts.

http://beckerclassroom.blogspot.com/

New Bible students are always welcome for this free study!

David "Bucker" Becker

melanie said...

I thought I would share something that has worked very well for me and my family. We do a thing called a SOAP journal. Basically, we have a journal that contains a list of daily Scriptures to read. I read the Scriptures, pick a verse or two that really speaks to me, and write it down (S). Next I observe what the author was communicating and write it down (O). Then I write how this applies to me (A). Last, I write a prayer. This has been a huge blessing to me because not only does it help read the Old Testament once and the New twice in a year, but since most of our church does it, there is great unity also. An example is the Scriptures for today were Prov. 10-12, and Rom. 10. I would like to send you a journal if I could get your address.
Josh

Anonymous said...

Dennis,

This is off of the topic, but I just now found your site. I sponsor a little girl in Uganda. At first I was going to mention her name, but I don't feel comfortable giving it out on a public website. She lives north of Soroti and attends the Tubur Child Development Center. Do you ever work in that center?

Thank you so much for all you are doing with Compassion International. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all of the children in Uganda during this time of rising food prices.

God Bless!
SC

Anonymous said...

I know this doesn't sound very creative, but I've used a Bible study approach that has worked for me since about 1990. I read the Bible every day -- sometimes following a daily reading plan, other times just randomly -- and I read until God stops me. When I come across a scripture that really speaks to me, I write it down in a little daily appointment book. I've never worried about having a scripture for each day. I just write in the little booklet, ignoring the date. Some days I have nothing to write down and other days I have 12 scriptures to record. Sometimes I record a date and situation that I'm facing, along with the scriptures. It's been pretty amazing to see all that God speaks personally to me about. When I feel discouraged, I go for a walk and grab one of my previous books to read. Wow--has He ever been precious to me through the years! The scriptures speak exactly to my needs!