Tuesday, March 11, 2008

With Eyes yet Blind!

John 9... ...
We serve, have and belong to an amazing God, so divine in all His ways! I came to office this morning after a short and quiet weekend in the country side and a colleague from the Ghana office was sharing with us in the early morning devotions that we normally have as organisation. Opening our bibles we read together from John 9 and he explicitly sliced the chapter of this great gospel into small edible contents that we could consume and meditate on.


Am still wandering why the scribes had so many questions popping up yet the truth lay right before them, the answers to their un-ending questions was in the fact that the blind-man was blind this long that God's work would be displayed in His life... John 9:3... With their own yet they couldn't see!!!

My experience... ...
On my way to the country side, I went singing rock of ages though most of the time I was telling funny but real stories to my friend who I travelled with... I wanted to sing on my return as well but I instead was marvelling in awe at God's work-He is the greatest innovator I have encountered in my life. I wanted to go home and join angels in adoration of Him... ... With this desire I sang in my heart one of the hymns I have heard and sang even when I didn't know the lyrics since I was little... ... my leg was stamping the taxi a.k.a matatu floor and the hymn went on & on....


I will sing the wondrous story
of the Christ who died for me

Sing it with the saints in glory
gathered by the crystal sea!


Rather unfortunate that I interchanged the chorus and words, good enough is that my neighbour didn't know the words as well atleast I would want to presume so... if they did then I will be the joke at their church next Sunday!

Talk about un-answered questions! Do you any un-answered questions on sponsoring-a-child, Compassion International could help answer a few of the questions you do have, click here

Food for Thought
Fear of the pain blinds us to the goal of healing. Only by seeing our problems clearly and experiencing them can we do something about them... Bob Hoffma [American Peak Performance Consultant, Author]

1 comment:

LindaSue said...

Dennis - I also sing hymns as I go through my day. Praising my savior all the day long! You are witnessing by showing your joy - good work!