Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Weekend Scenes!

Friday Morning
Vibrations of my phone ringing woke me up from my deep sleep last friday morning and in mind I was wondering who was calling at 2:30am. After a huge struggle to trying to openning my eyes, I checked my phone only to realise it was my cousin calling telling me I have to try on the phone for his sister who was feeling unwell. I got to find out it was Malaria affecting her terribly that it was affecting her brains. Malaria has really written off lives of many people here in Uganda, I will give us statistics later on this week.

Up and Down Saturday!
I was visiting my cousin's sister and all day we prayed for her, family friends and relatives by passed by to support my cousins. From my cousin's sister I went to figure out a solitary place that we could have the Alpha Sunday at! At the end of the day, I wanted to fall on my bed and just pass out! Ever heard such days in your life, I need some advice on how I should handle them.



Alpha Sunday!
Still exhausted from Saturday's movements, I pulled my blankets upwards to cover my head at 7am forgetting I was meant to meet up with the Youth from church for what turned up to be a wonderful experience in learning the Word of God and experience Him through His Spirit. [Was I out of my mind or I had forgotten what Proverbs 6:10 - 11 says, "Alittle sleep, Alittle Slumber, Alittle folding of hands to sleep; so shall poverty "]


On Sunday morning alongside 132 students from my Home Church took our sunday service to a more solitary place away from any noise or disruptions. We had a morning sessions on What does the Holy Spirit Do and an afternoon session on How to be filled with the Holy Spirit; Alpha course covers these topics in depth.


We wrapped up our day with a prayer session which had interludes of worship songs and well am still in awe of how God through His Spirit can manifest to His beloved. The students were yearning for God and there He was, some shouted in tongues of angels, others fell on their knees, others cried while others stood and watched their fellas. It was awesome! Am stil in awe.



Wakie Wakie Monday!
With all the friday - Sunday events I wanted to take a day off but well I couldnt, I just had to come to work. Hopefully I will be fresh enough to post a beautiful and non-personal blog tommorrow.

1 comment:

a kelly said...

on "those" kind of days...I say Psalm 23.
My cousin passed away last week. At his funeral they read the scripture of "...when I was hungry you fed me...whatever you do to the least of these you do to me..." And I remembered my cousin bringing my mother food when she had little money. She was a widow, no job, money running out.
It is no comparison, just offering understanding...I am praying for your cousin...and for you as you help so many.