Monday, March 24, 2008

Reason to Celebrate!

Church on Easter Sunday!
Among the so many assignments that the Lord has appointed me with apart from advocating for children through
Compassion International are serving him in my church and ministering to the youth still in the body of Christ [Church]. On 23rd March 2008 [Easter Sunday] worldwide, Christians [surprisingly Muslims too] celebrate in remembrance the resurrection of Jesus... At my church, we were overwhelmed by the turn up!

At 10:50am, some folks with whom I was standing outside church before our 11:oo am service started justified the overflow of people on Easter Sunday with the fact that most people don't go for vacations during the Easter festival season in the sense they're compelled to come to church since anyway it is the only day in a year they come to church apart from Christmas... Inside me I was filled with sorrow and sadness my mind wondering and questioning over and over again why we should show up at Church to celebrate Easter because we cant afford a trip to a fancy place on Easter day... Jesus is Risen! Because He is risen, we celebrate Easter, am filled with total joy and happiness and with this Joy I entered Church. As the preacher shared in our service, Holy Spirit kept on reminding and revealing to me several facts that I have managed to compile and share with us here. To sum it up, there is more to the Death and Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ...


Reason for celebrating the Easter...
On the presumption that we know the story of the birth of Jesus, His ministry in the different cities, His betrayal through a Close Friend and the several Court sessions with Pilate, I will dive in to the point where Mathew mentions that Jesus was spat on, Struck and Mocked- Mathew 26:30... Before I proceed, I want to clarify on one fact... as I enlighten us on the different demarcated section subsequent, note that I labour to emphasize the benefit we attain from each of the phases/routes that our Lord Jesus Christ walked from the point of betrayal to His resurrection...

The beatings and the Spankings: The Gospels tell us a little of what Jesus went through at this point... The details of what happened to Jesus while He was being beaten up are in Isaiah [chapeters 50 - 60] and as the Prophet explicitly explains how deformed our Lord was made through the spanking, he also points out the benefit we the creation of God attain, Isaiah boldly declares that we are healed by His strips... Isaiah 53

Crucifixion: Our Lord Jesus Christ who actually counts His majesty as nothing and undresses His Glory to take on shame on that Cross [Philippians 2]. He is crucified on the cross and there we received a remission of Sin.... Because of this remission of sins [sins that once separated us from God - Isaiah 59:2], we are brought back in a relationship with God... Apostle Paul declares in Romans 8 that we can now not be separated from God.... Glory to God...

Death and Resurrection: Jesus is struck that I may be healed, He is crucified that I may come into oneness with God, Is there any benefit we attain when He dies and resurrects? There is so much to say about what we [those who have received Christ as Lord and Saviour even those who are yet to] are given but to summarise it all, Peter says in 1 Peter 1:3 - 5 that we have been birthed [begotten] to a new life and to a living hope... no wonder I hear fellow Christians [brothers and sisters] say that they are a new creation the old is gone and new has come [1 Corinthians 5:17]... The new creation comes with lots of other benefits that I cant exhaust now... But in all, the new life comes with total peace, joy, freedom, strength... no worries and stress in this new life....

Celebrate Easter even as you reflect on this truth....

I would like to appreciate you all for reading my blog and always commenting on the different posts... The encouragements from you fuel me up on this blogging Trip... Blessings!

No comments: