Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pop Idol!

Pop Idols yet again!

On my way to work yesterday morning, I saw multiples of posters covering up wall fence of a university around Kampala, Uganda. The messages on the posters are interesting mainly students into hitting the "wall of fame" by them just doing their thing on stage in the name of unleashing their talents; the catch phrase on these poster goes "Your fans are waiting... ..."

Meet my Pop Idol!
I want to introduce you to a man that I have looked up to as an encourager, teacher and mentor in my spiritual walk with the Lord Jesus Christ! Well stop guessing and just let me do the honours of introducing him.

He was a church persecutor [Acts 8 - 9], a roman citizen [Acts 22:28] but linguistic [Acts 21:37 & Acts 22:2], called by God and an Apostle of Christ [1 Cor 1:1], a mentor of many [2 Timothy 1:1-2 & Titus 1:4],the list is endless! I guess you know this guy now! Just like Paul once Saul [my pop idol], on the platform I would desire to go mime and rhyme the exact mysteries that he spoke to the colosse church [colossians 1:27], Ephesus church [Ephesians 2:1,4-6] and roman church [Romans 5:1-2].

Hopefully some of the students that are being interested in the "pop idolship" through the posters would be able to do this that Paul did!

Calmness amid a storm!
As I got to discover and understand the paths and lifestyle of my pop idol, I was scared off alittle in my planned escapade of following up in his steps and fitting in his shoes! The scare was what befell him at a later course of the ministry that he was given to. From Acts 19:23 through the last chapters of the acts of apostle, Paul is beaten up, scared to death, spat on, the weather as well was unfavourable [Acts 27:13 -44], he was rioted against [some of the "rioters" didn't even know the reason for the riots, they just joined in Acts 19:32], Paul was hated by many, accused falsely, mention it all. According to today's standards and making an evaluation of what Paul went through, is there any other storm of humilation greater than this in our lives?

In this raising dusty storms that Paul went through, there was one who gave him a peace of mind, He appeared to him in all these persecutions... A small sweet voice of Jesus brought him a calmness and strengthened him to run the race further... [Acts 23:11... While in jail Jesus said to Paul... "Be brave", Acts 27:24... In the stormy weather on the boat trip, an angel said to him... "Paul, dont be afraid" ...

You know him know, the greatest "pop idol" I have ever met!

Who is your pop Idol?
Am trying Mr.Linky today! Can you write a blog about your idol and link to this blog today by entering your details below





No comments: