Friday, March 7, 2008

The Art of Management!

Childhood Management!
Because am sorrounded by children most times, memories of my childhood tend to ring back in my mind at different intervals of my day. Today, I was reminded of the time in my early 10's when my mum would instruct me to make my bed, comb my hair or even organise my room; hesistantly in many cases I would do what would be required of me but days would come when surely I found it difficult to even clean the dirty dishes in the sink.

I do realise now that mum's instructions back then were probably my first lessons in personal management, I dont regret attending these classes though some a real inconvienience to my own TV watching and playing schedules.

Adulthood Management!
Old habits dont easily die, natives in my country like that saying! I wish some old habits would die in this country; on the Ugandan streets paper bags are thrown just beside dustbins and wastes in water drainages. I get an impression were are poor managers in that.

I would want to believe management is not meant for 2 or 5 people in our organisations or companies that are called by Title Managers but rather for all. Definition has it that Management is comprises of Planning, organizing, Directing or Leading and Monitoring.

Successful living has elements of proper management, how often do we think through our monthly expenditures or even the simple resources we do have to our exposure? I commend to the art of Planning, Organising and Monitoring which is Management.

Benefits of Perfect Management Traits!
It is all summed up in Luke 16:10 [also in Mathew 25:21,23 & Luke 19:17]
"He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much"

3 comments:

Randy said...

Dennis,

thanks for joining me at the watercooler. I miss you!

Please put your exact link (of the post you want to link) on my links form...then be sure to link to my exact post URL:
http://randyelrod.typepad.com/ethos/
2008/03/watercooler-wed.html
on your blog post and mention Watercooler Wednesday.

If this is not clear-e-mail me at:
randyelrod@comcast.net and I will clarify.

i have deleted your link so go to Ethos and re-enter the exact post URL you want to link to. Don't just put your general blog URL

Thanks so much!!!

Randy

Anonymous said...

Dennis you are so great, I was thinking about you today and wanted to just say thank you for all you did for us while we were there. You made our trip and I can't wait to go back! Love ya H

Anonymous said...

I think it is awesome your blog says Friday when I am reading it, and it is THURSDAY here! Time travel... :)

You rock Dennis!