Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Country, Lets Talk Statistics!

I live a country located in East Africa [Uganda] which has a total population of 30.4 Million people and am so proud of my country's diversity in language dialects and culture. Imagine a nation with as many languages as nearly 23 different language, communication among the dialects would be so complex but we are in one harmony and consistently we understand each other.

In 2005, the total population of Ugandans under 18 years and of those under 5 years was approximately 16,539,000 and 5,970,000 respectively [Statistics from UNICEF] though according to the forecasts there is an immerse increase in the figures. From these facts, I would assume you have a glimpse of what you could possibly see on many streets of the country's towns and cities, Multitudes of Youth!

In as much as I would rejoice and merry in my beautiful Country Uganda, a deeper digging of statistics crowds tears in my eyes, not tears of joy but of sorrow. We are burdened by two epidemics that have seen many lose loved ones, HIV/AIDS and Malaria! Poverty meanders from community to community, village to village, home to home.

My country's conditions and what has been prevailing for the last years have left the children endangered and vulnerable because in many ways they are affected directly. To wrap all up, atleast heard and witnessed from Daily News flash of incidences where Children are being married off at a tender age, many are under child labour, several are abused physically, emotionally and multitudes are unable to go to school. Much as many people and organisations have established to advocate and protect children, still many have not yet been reached.


The good news is that you and me can make a huge difference in the lives of many children in our capacities. We can transform the lives of many children who live or have lived their lives without hope, in hunger and without basic needs! Come with me this site and I will show you how you can help the children.

Just click on this link http://www.compassion.com/default.htm

Food for Thought
Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go,And when he is old he will not depart from it.NKJV

Zig Ziglar: Accomplishment Quotes
It's not the situation, but whether we react (negative) or respond (positive) to the situation that's important.




33 comments:

Unknown said...

just want to say hi. great to read your blog!

travis spencer said...

great to read you. looking forward to following you.

ryan w fitzgerald said...

dennis,

thank you for all you did to make the bloggers trip happen! it has impacted a lot of lives back here in the states! i look forward to following you!

//ryan

sandy lawrence said...

Dennis

Thanks for all you do for your kids. I look forward to following you. I am praying for you and the kids.

Craft & Bake said...

Hi Dennis! Welcome to the Blogging community. I just heard about your blog via Raggamuffin's latest entry. I look forward to reading your blog on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

Hi I just wanted to say I found this through one of the comapssion bloggers and am excited to learn more about uganda through your eyes! and words!

Anonymous said...

hey man, can't wait to follow your blog!!

emily said...

Thank you for the work you are doing in Uganda.

I look forward to following your blog!

Unknown said...

thank you my friend!

Anonymous said...

dennis, thank you for all you do for the people of uganda.

really looking forward to following your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis! It looks like God is using you in a great way. Thank you for helping open our eyes to the great need in Uganda. Bless you!

LindaSue said...

Thank you and bless you dear brother in Christ You have posted quotations so I'll share one of my favorites -
God will not give us good habits; He will not give us character,
He will not make us walk aright. We have to do that for ourselves;
Beware of the tendency of asking the way when you know it perfectly well.
Oswald Chambers

Anonymous said...

Thank you for doing what you do. Look forwaed to reading your blog.

Jen said...

welcome to blogging! I look forward to reading and sharing!

Laura said...

Welcome to the blog world! I found you through Ragamuffin Soul. Keep the posts coming!!!

Anonymous said...

Dennis-
Blessings as you continue to impact not just Uganda, but all of us who will be reading your blog.

Shelley said...

Great blog! I am looking forward to your posts.

Randy said...

I miss you, Dennis. Thanks so much for all you do! You rock! You are AWESOME!!!

Randy

~K...rys..tel~ said...

sending u much love bro

Cristy said...

Los sent me over to say hello. I'm looking forward to following your blog. Thank you for organizing the trip so we could follow them there through their blogs, and thank you for all you do for the children!

Mandy said...

I'm so glad Carlos pointed me here. I will definitely be following along and appreciate the work you do for Compassion. You are amazing! God bless you!

Amy said...

Carlos said you were blogging and we wanted to check it out ~ glad we did! Looking forward to reading!

Carole Turner said...

Hello Dennis, I found your blog through Carlos Whitakers blog.

I love reading about Africa. We are adopting from Ethiopia and I have dear friends in Swaziland.

God Bless all you do and thank you for blogging.

Carole

Aliciaq said...

I found your blog from Carlos blog! What a great start so far! Please keep it up :)

Thank you so much for making the blog trip happen! It has opened my eyes so much! We can't wait to sponsor a child. What a blessing you have been! Thank you!

Alicia

a kelly said...

Prayers and looking forward to reading about all the work you do.
God Bless you and keep you safe.
Alexsandra

supersimbo said...

welcome to blogging, found you through Carlos & will link to your blog so hopefully that will get you some Irish readers. We sponsored a child at the weekend & its been great the impact that the blog trip has caused, God Bless you

Shayne said...

Dennis,

This mzungu has been profoundly touched by the trip you put together for Ragamuffin Soul and his crew. Thank you so much for inspiring us to action.

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading more about your country. Thank you for all you are doing to help. Your efforts made a direct impact on my life.

-Rebecca-

p.s. Maybe one day one your blog you could tell us your story?

Jenn said...

Like most... found you through Carlos' blog! You're awesome!!!

Unknown said...

Hello, Dennis! It is truly wonderful that you have started a blog! I found it through Shaun Groves' blog and will be following your journey! Thanks be to God for you and Compassion International! Because of the bloggers that went to Uganda, my family is now sponsoring a child. We are truly excited to see what God will do with her sweet little life!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dennis! I'm looking forward to reading your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

We love Compassion! Thanks for all your sacrifices and hard work to help bless these childrens' lives. I will definitely be checking in on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking care of the Compassion bloggers, and of the children in Uganda! Looking forward to reading your blog!